Whether you’re using a stick and rubber band or you’ve invested in a quality weapon, proper use of any slingshot is necessary for both accuracy and safety. A slingshot is often used for target shooting but is also a fun way to hunt small animals. Using a slingshot is an easy and inexpensive hobby that should be treated with the same respect you’d give any other weapon and proper use will help you hit whatever your target may be. Read on to learn how to use a Slingshot.
1. Wear eye protection at all times. Ammunition can ricochet off surrounding objects and come back at you.
2. Hold the handle of the slingshot firmly and either directly perpendicular or parallel (whichever you prefer) to the ground in your non-dominant hand. You’ll want to use your stronger hand to control the ammunition. If your slingshot has a wrist brace be sure it is resting snuggly on your forearm to help steady your shot.
3. Choose your ammunition. Any small solid object, like a rock or a BB, can be used. Most hunting stores will sell slingshot ammunition of different sizes and weights. Choose the type of ammunition that best suites your purpose. You can even use paintballs as ammunition to leave marks on your target.
4. Place your ammunition in the center of the pouch of the slingshot and grip it with your thumb and first two fingers through the pouch. Pull this straight back as far as possible. If you pull the ammunition back at any angle you won’t have much accuracy in your shot.
5. Aim at the target and release the pouch and ammunition.
Then I will show you some slingshots.