Nowadays before important meetings or going out on dates, we tend to make ourselves presentable by altering our body odor with perfume like cologne and removing blemishes with make-up. Then how to choose the right perfume for yourself? Many choose to go to the department store, try on a few samples and decide by its fragrance in accordance to their own taste. Not all perfumes are suitable to you though you like its fragrance. Anyway perfume is a significant investment which deserves your concern.
Before choosing a perfume, it is very important to realize this: You have your own unique scent. When you use the exact same perfume your neighbor uses, the fragrance on you becomes different from the fragrance on your neighbor. This is important because a perfume that is right for your neighbor may not be right for you. Therefore looking for a perfume that suits you is a challenge enough; buying a perfume someone else is worse!
Before buying a perfume, be it for yourself or as a gift to others, consider first your daily lifestyle and the activities you do. Consider also the type of person using the perfume. If you are hip and fun kind of person, you don’t want to smell sexy and slutty. There is nothing wrong with sexy and slutty, it’s just not you! Consider also the climate of where you are living. Heat often evaporates perfume faster and cold temperature or humid conditions strengthen it.
The Types Of Perfume
There are therefore 4 types of “perfume”, commonly labeled on the packaging.
1. Perfume Extracts contain 20-40% aromatic compound.
2. Eau de Parfum contain 10-30% aromatic compound.
3. Eau de Toilette contain 5-20% aromatic compound.
4. Eau de Cologne has 2-5% aromatic compound.
How to Choose…
When shopping for perfumes, do yourself a favor. Do not try too many samples. It can confuse you which is which. Many suggested using coffee beans to “reset” your nose.
Do not spray too much samples on you. Use a “tester paper”. If you like it, then spray it on your pulse point. Be sure not to rub it or you will spoil its composition. Leave it for an hour and see if you still like it. This is important because perfumes change their fragrance over time. The Top note (the immediate scent) is different from the middle note (the scent 2-30 mins after application) which is also different to the base not (the scent after 30 mins of application). It is important that you like the fragrance of the perfume throughout its life.
What you should pay attention to？
1. With a help of some simple tests you can define your psychological type and choose your scent according to the following recommendations:
1) if you are extrovert (optimistic, gay, active), your scents are fresh, citrus, flower;
2) if you are introvert (you value calmness and harmony, your individuality) oriental scents are closer to you;
3) if you are emotionally charged (sensitive and inclined to strong emotions, dreamy and romantic) aldehyde-flower scents suit you perfectly. But do not forget that as individuals we are too contradictory to adhere to one strict classification, and in our lives we play different roles. Moreover, today we choose our scent not first, last and all the time, but according to mood, season, and part of the day. For different situations we choose special scents. For example, in hot weather, perfumes with natural scents are more appropriate.
2. Pay attention to the name of the perfume, its bottle and wrapper – all this helps you to identify the character of the scent. Usually, form and contents are in harmony.
3. Find out the name of the designer or the perfume maker that produced this perfume. If you like other perfumes of this perfume maker, it is possible that their new scent will attract you as well. The same may happen if the style of this designer is attractive to you.
4. When choosing new perfume, you can either try to meet fashion trends or ignore fashion. The one who chooses is you. Nowadays, scents replace one another every season. A great variety of fragrant novelties constantly appears, making it easy to become confused. Anyhow, take every opportunity to discover new scents.
What fragrances can we use at work?
Everything depends on the place where we carry out our work; there is a difference between working in an office and working in a hairdressing salon. We must consider factors like, for example:
• How long we will be facing the public: If we are facing the public it is recommendable to use a perfume that is not very hard or strong since they last for longer hours in the environment and your client might be disgusted by it.
• Do we mostly work outdoors or indoors: Imagine what combination of aromas it will be if everyone in an office uses a strong perfume, the truth is that the outcome is always a disgusting choking smell.
What fragrances can we use in the day and in summer?
During the day, it is better to use soft, light and fresher fragrances. Fragrances that are strong and dominant are not favorable during the summer season. The summer inspires the use of citric fragrances. Some options recommended to you are:
• Fresh water of roses (Adolph Dominguez)
• Agua De gio (G. Armani)
• Air (Loewe)
• Clinique happy (Clinique)
How to Apply or Spray Perfumes?
Applying your perfume correctly is just as important as choosing the right perfume. The real art of applying perfume is to find the right amount such that there is a clue of fragrance, and not obvious smell. You can do this by first spraying a small amount on your wrist. With the perfume on your wrist, dab it on your other pulse points, such as the one on your neck, behind your knees, between breasts and of course, your wrist itself.
These pulse points are where blood vessels are closest to your skin and therefore are warmer. What this means to you is that these pulse points will “transmit” the fragrance for you. Be sure not to miss the pulse point behind your knee because fragrances rise.
Remember never to spray perfume directly on your clothings because it will leave a stain and difficult to remove. Therefore always apply your fragrance before you dress.